CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Bucket List

Things I want to do before I die


1) Solo skydive from a ridiculous height
2) Drive childhood dream car – 1998 Dodge Viper GTS
3) Drink coffee from a café in Italy
4) Watch my son play football on Friday night under the lights
5) Learn a second language and use it in the native country
6) See zoo animals outside of a zoo in the wild
7) Make photography a serious hobby
8) Drive coast to coast solo Gumball Rally-style
9) Toboggan, aggressively down a massive hill like I did on snow days in 3rd grade
10) Learn the guitar enough to play the songs I like
11) Make the video “This Is Your Life” for Mom and Dad
12) Enter a World Series of Poker event
13) Watch a sunset/sunrise in a foreign country
14) Spend a week camping in a national park
15) Raise a dog and play fetch in my backyard
16) Drive my personal car on a track (or Autobahn) and hit insane speeds ie >150 mph
17) Watch the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game from the Dawgpound
18) Grow a beard
19) Bungee jump off a bridge
20) Shower in a waterfall
21) Attend a huge rock festival (ie Woodstock with an edge)
22) Catch a foul ball at a MLB game
23) Experience (firsthand) the birth of my child
24) See 4 out of the Seven Wonders of the World
25) Ride 100 roller coasters
26) Bench press more than my dad every could
27) Fast for 3 days….on purpose
28) Say I love you and mean it
29) Get paid for doing something I love to do
30) Spoil my grandchildren rotten
31) Throw paint on a canvas and call it art. Hang in my house and tell people I paid an enormous amount for it.
32) Drive on Zzyzx Rd. in California
33) Teach my nephews something that will get them in a bit of trouble at school but will make them heroes to their classmates
34) Have the body I always wanted (ie a six pack)
35) Throw a paper airplane off of a tall building
36) Steal a street sign
37) Burn the rubber off of my tires
38) Drop everything and go to the aid of a natural disaster
39) Graduate from college
40) Play a FULL game of Monopoly
41) Do something to change the life for someone that I don’t know and expect nothing but a hug in return
42) Go to a bar and buy a round of drinks for everyone in the house
43) Get all of my AIT friends in one place for the weekend.
44) Drink a pint in an Irish pub and talk about how amazing the NFL is
45) Compile a coffee table book of pictures from my travels and day to day life
46) Visit all 50 states and take a picture of every state’s welcome sign
47) Take a sledgehammer and destroy a car….legally
48) Get in a fight just to see if I have what it takes to defend myself

2 comments:

Krista said...

The good news? You're only about 6% insane nowadays ... lol :)

PS. There's no doubt in my mind that you will do all this ... because we all know you're every bit as stubborn as I am and when I say I'm gonna do something, I do it ... so, have fun!

Anonymous said...

OK, #1,6,9,16,17,19,21,36,37,44,and 48 are extremely dangerous and could get you KILLED ! No wonder they made your Bucket List!

And, Katie, be forewarned of #33.

Seriously though, Frank, I LOVE THESE !!!! So much I never knew about you! I'm gonna copy this and check back with you every once in a while.

You've started me thinking about making a Bucket List of my own. Of course, mine won't get to be as long.

I love you, Frank. No matter what you do or don't accomplish.....no matter what!
Mom