CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Every hour on the hour

so after my great weekend back in Ohio with the family, I made the trek back to Georgia. All my flights were great, on time and I didnt have to sit next to any annoying people, always a plus. Landed in Atlanta and met up with Moreno and waited for Zupo's plane to touch down. We were on a time hack to make it back to the company for recall formation which was at 1800 and as with any formation we are required to show up 15 early. My flight got in at 1400 so we had 4 hours to make a 2 hour drive back to base. No problem you say? If only life was that simple. Zupo's fight was 20 minutes putting him in at 1420 and then it took 45 minutes to get his bag. We didnt make it to our taxi untill 1515, t-minus two and a half hours. God bless our taxi driver, he never let the needle drop below 85 mph the whole way back. On the way back, we got changed into our ACU's because that is what uniform recall formation has always been. We come into base at 1740, skid to a stop behind our company and litterally run with all of our bags to formation. As we round the corner, what do we see but a formation full of people in their PT's! Oh well, no time to change. We fall into formation and my sergent comes up to and asks us where the hell we been. We were 2 minutes late. We told her about the delayed flight and baggage problem but to no avail. She proceeds to smoke us in the grass for the whole formation and then tells us our punishment. Get this: phased down to a phase 4 (no civilian clothes allowed, no off post pass, no life) for a week and for the whole week we have to check in at the CQ desk every hour on the hour from 0700-2100. So that right there gives you a good idea of how my week has been going. Basically all I do is sit in my room and wait to check in. barely have anytime to get chow and no time to see any of my friends from the other companies. Our time is up on Tuesday but we talked our sergent into shortening our sentance to Sunday night. All we have to do is remove all the furniture from her office , buff and wax, and replace the furniture. Such a small price to pay to get my life back.

However bad and unfair thepunishment is, I would of done it for a month just to get back to Ohio. It was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries and remind myself that there is a place in this world where everyone doesnt yell and is truely happy to see you.

Thank you's go out to Gma Walker for thinking of brown bag meals and coming out to the house, Krista for the coffee and being Krista, Potts again coffee, and Amanda for the chat on the porch (again coffee was involved). Karen and Alan for the movie and blizzards, almost like Pizza Hut after softball. Everyone who came out to the house for brown bag and bringing along the kids (too many to list but thank each and everyone, soo good to see evryone in one place!) Katie ("Katie? my Katie? My sister Katie? She's there?!?) for making the riduculously long trip just to see here bro and the porchside advice. Saving the best for last, Mom and Dad. Thank from the bottom of my soul for the open arms, the spanish rice, the movies, the trips to the airport, the help on the tickets, and for making it seem like I never left. I am so blessed in so many ways. I tell evryone here about my family and how amazing they are. I have not heard of a family yet that compares to what I have in Ohio (and Mass). The support and love I get everyday is truly unmatched. Again, thank you one and all!

Till the next time guys be safe and enjoy the summer.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You're far too sweet for your own good:) Seeing you and bringing a smile to your face is enough of a reason to get me in the car heading north.
So sorry to hear about the two minutes late to formation - that sucks!! You guys were golden and then screwed all in like 10 minutes. Have a great time waxing that furniture tomorrow. Make sure to give it a spit-shine finish:) The organic kind...

Anonymous said...

You made me cry with your blog! I look like an idiot sitting here at work slobbering all over the place. Of course we would welcome you with open arms!!! There's no place like home....but sometimes we have to leave to appreciate it!
Seeing you again was heaven!!! Sorry about getting busted but it's the best reason I can think of (easy for me to say....I didn't have to do the punishment). Tell Zupo to flap his arms faster next time!
WE LOVE YOU Mom

Andy and Stacey, Jackson, Molly and Natalie said...

It was great seeing you the other weekend. Any news when your next visit might be?!? We miss you, but are extremely proud of you and your commitment!