CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

my nose is numb and its 80 degrees outside

so here is the what I think will become the normal monday post. a lot happened this weekend but I am not going to tell much of it because it involved a lot of drama between my friends and girls. never a good combo considering the ratio of male to female is around 20 to 1. odds are friends will end up going for the same girl. yeah a lot of that happened. other than the drama it was a great weekend. good times with good friends. its just getting harder to keep good friends. I think as long as we remember the bros before (forgive me mom, its just an expression) hos rule we should be fine.

so today I went to the hospital to visit mitchell. he broke his ankle in 3 places and tore some tendons sat afternoon during an impromptu combatives match in the hotel. it wasn't a fight but a good natured male macho I am showing off for the girls wrestling match. officially he broke it "falling down the stairs" at least that's what the hospital thinks. anyways I went to see him and bring his some stuff he wanted like his ipod and razor stuff like that. spent some time with him so he wouldn't be lonely and then I went to my dental appointment. boy do I hate these things. yes its great cause I am getting all this dental work done for free and I got a lot of work to be done, but all they give you is a shot of novicane that numbs half your face except for the one tooth they are working on and drill away. ahhhhh!! I hate the drill. the sound, the feeling, the way it vibrates all the way down your side thru your butt and out your toes. then after they work on 4 teeth they boot you out the door telling you to floss between the teeth they just made so sensitive it hurts to breathe with my mouth open. they people are crazy. I hope the 400 mg ib profin work. if they fail me I am going to visit mitchell again and swipe his pills off the beds when he's asleep. just kidding mom. I just ask them to hook me up to a morphine iv like they did him.

so here I sit, top lip and nose numb, gums killing and throbbing, contemplating going to chow. I am so hungry yet food scares me. maybe I will just get some coffee and pray for a caffeine buzz. anything to stop the pain.

ok sorry this one is short but I gotta get some liquid in me at least and I got class in an hour. love y'all and keep the comments coming. im loving them

your soldier in dental hell
pvt frank

3 comments:

Katie said...

Frank - sometimes i think you should have been a writer. Though i am laughing and am thoroughly enjoying the story, i can feel the pain in my tooth, too, the way you wrote all that. Hilarious!
Glad you had a good weekend despite the soap opera of overly stimulated testosterone with not enough estrogen outlets. Wish that ratio could be duplicated in my neck of the woods! Just hoping you're not in the thick of any of the drama. You've got other things to concentrate on!
Keep up the posting and keep doing a great job at Gordon. I'm so proud of you!!

Auntie Ann said...

Hey Frank- It's kinda funny that your last post is of everyone getting painful tattoos and being "woosies" but it's a whole different story when it's a dentist drilling on your teeth! Though the novacaine may not eliminate all pain, at least be glad it was available! So you're getting those teeth taken care of finally....let the pain be another reminder of why you don't want to start smoking again! Much of your dental problems can be traced back to cigarettes and chew! So which is worse - having me lecture you or laugh at you??? You know, your headphones and ipod would help (if you are allowed) with masking the sound of the drill. Sometimes the sound and anticipation of pain is worse than the actuality. OK maybe not.
BTW, though the phrase may be crude, this momma agrees with "bros before hos" - at least for the present time. Keep your eye on the prize and check out some of those warnings in Proverbs. Thanks for calling on Mother's Day! You made it complete! I LOVE YOU!!! Mom

Tami said...

I agree with Katie! Sorry to say that I am laughing my head off at your pain! What all do you have to have done to your teeth? I think I am almost done with these braces - which also has not been a pleasant endeavor. I can't wait!