CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kansas???

OK so litterally 3 hours after the last post I got my orders. I am gonna be stationed at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Its in the extreme NE part of the state, about 30 minutes from Kansas City in Missouri. I leave Monday morning and go straight to Leavenworth then i will request leave and hometown recruiting from them so hopefully I should be back in Ohio in a week or so just in time to help Dad with Little Leopards (I think I will be the Physical fitness coach and general motivator. I got plenty of fun things to have them do ie push ups, flutterkicks, overhead hand claps, iron mikes, and of course monkey drills) So thats it. I will be attached to a MP (Military Police) unit because Fort Leavenworth is home to the only military maximum security prison. So I figure I dont have to worry about Iraq or Afghanistan. Instead I will be concerning me with tornados and prison riots. Its funny where your life leads you. I am looking foward to moving on and getting settled somewhere but definately not too stoked about leaving my friends for good this time. Thats why me, Zupo, Miranda, Heildelberger, and Dixon took a road trip back to Gordon for this weekend and are hanging out with Thompson and Mitchell one last time. I am not going to wrry about leaving, I am just gonna concentrate on making the most of this weekend and soaking in all tthe memories.

the next update will be from Kansas. Hang on to your butts, Toto, I dont think we are home. Some soldiers go to Iraq, Korea or Alaska. Me? Im going to jail.

Keeping a firm grip on the soap
Frank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got your weekend pass to go back to Gordon for a proper good-bye. It's really tough leaving such close friends -probably about a tough as sending your only son off to an unknown future in the Army! I am already praying for the "lifelong" friends God has waiting for you in Kansas. Stay smart.....stay tough......stay proud! LOVE, Mom

Kurt and Carla said...

2 things: First, nothing in Kansas is extreme, not even the corners. Second, I don't think you'll actually have to shower with the inmates . . .