CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on the New Years Resolutions

I thought I would write a quick post to let you all know how the NYRs are coming. I havent smoked in a week, mostly due to a bad chest cold I have come down with. The Lord works in mysterious ways, I guess. I have been working out alot lately. I do morning PT with the company and then after work I spend about 35-45 minutes on the eliptical machine in the gym. My room is not quite inspection clean but it should only take about 15 minutes to straighten up when I get back tonight. To the shock and dismay of the soldiers in my shop, I havent had any fast food in over a week. Chinese and Chipolte dont count. Im talking about Burger King, McDonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, things of that nature.

I have become a little more edgy cause of the lack of nicotine but I will make it. I just dont want to smell like that or have the shortness of breaths on the morning runs anymore. We run about 5 miles 3 times a week as a company and the smoking was catching up to me. Plus, to get the 250 PT score I want, I really need to improve my run time.

OK thats enough for now. I said it would be quick

The Nock of War

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome update, Frank. I'm glad to hear that you're keeping up with all 5 resolutions! Pretty high standards for yourself:) I didn't even make a resolution this year so I'll just live vicariously through you - that should add to your motivation! Don't let me down now, Frank :)

Krista said...

Why don't Chinese and Chipotle count? They aren't home cooked meals, now are they?
Congrats on the not smoking ... you're really gonna do it - I knew you would ...

Auntie Ann said...

Hang in there, Frank. You've done the nicotine withdrawal thing before so you know you can do it. If you need somebody to yell at or dump on, you know my number. Love you, Mom